We believe a scholar’s behavior and attitude are related to his or her appearance. We want scholars to attend school and focus on academics and scholarly behavior and not focus on what brand of clothing they are wearing. Therefore, we implement a dress code policy for all scholars. It is our desire to foster good grooming and good judgment as well as make all of our scholars feel that they are as equally important to our staff and to their peers. This policy is MANDATORY for all LEPA scholars and NO EXCEPTIONS will be made. Scholars are required to follow the dress code each and every day unless otherwise informed. If a scholar is not following the dress code parent/guardian will be notified and asked to bring the appropriate clothing to school.
- SHOES: Shoes may be athletic shoes, or standard oxford casual or dress shoes. They need to be full covering, flat shoes. Steel-toed, open-toed, open-heeled, or shoes with any type of heel are not permitted.
- SOCKS: They may be any color or design.
- BELTS: Belts are optional. Plain colors without designs, words, and have simple buckles are permitted. The tail of the belt needs to be feed through belt loops to ensure they are not hanging.
- SWEATERS / JACKETS: Any plain color or style of sweatshirt or jacket without sports affiliation or inappropriate pictures or language is permitted.
- PANTS: Pants need to be navy blue or khaki Dickies type material, not jean, spandex, or corduroy material. They need to be the correct fit size in the waist, not baggy or skin tight. They also need to be properly maintained with no holes or ragged seams, Cargo or cell phone pockets are not permitted.
- SHORTS AND SKIRTS: Shorts and skirts follow the same guidelines as the pants. Shorts, and skirts need to be the same length as the scholars finger tips when their arm is straight or up to 2 inches below their knee when standing.
- JUMPERS / VESTS: Scholars may wear navy blue or khaki jumpers or vests with a NON LOGO polo underneath them. Jumpers follow the same guidelines as the shorts and skirts.
- SHIRTS: Only white, gold, and navy blue polo shirt WITH the LEPA school logo should be worn. These are available at store name.
- HAIR: All scholars need to be well groomed each day with their natural-unaltered hair color. Mohawks, Fohawks, duck tails, completely shaved, or any other fad is not permitted.
- JEWELRY, HATS, AND TATOOS: Scholars are permitted to wear simple necklaces, bracelets, and studded earring with no parts that dangle in the ears only. Plain sun hats and beanies are permitted outdoors only pending weather need. They need to be removed once the scholar is indoors. Tatoos of any kind, even temporary are not permitted.
WHERE TO PURCHASE
Hattrix is an embroidery store that makes all of our DTPA logo shirts. The logos are embroidered onto each shirt, they are not patches. Shirts are on the shelves ready to be purchased at $17.00 each or if you buy 3 or more the cost of each shirt drops to $15.00.
Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday 9:30a – 5:00p
Closed on Saturdays and Sundays
They are located at 15330 Anacapa Road, Unit 4, Victorville, CA 92392
For more information you may call Hattrix directly at (760) 843-8011 or follow the link below to their website.
Copy of the handbook